SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 30 May 2018

Baby names I love





When it comes to choosing a name for your little baby it is not an easy task. Growing up with lots of pets I've been through a lot of weird and wonderful names. My dogs are called Bacon and Spider (Spider was Dan's idea, but I loved it)....as far as naming animals go, I like to be original and a bit wacky.

Naming a baby is very different. My dog doesn't care that his name is Bacon, his friends don't make fun of him or judge him for having a ridiculous name. I said from day one that I don't want my child going to school and having 5 other kids with the same name. I'd want their name to represent who they are and that they are an individual. Im a strong believer in names playing a role in the kind of person your child will be. I wanted something that was easy to spell and pronounce, wasn't extremely popular (in the top 100 baby names) and was unique but not bizarre. 

The names I am going to share are names I absolutely love but won't be using. I have a variety of names from unique to more common. When naming our first baby I wanted to bare in mind the possiblitiy of having more children and I didn't want the names to not sound good together. These are names that I couldn't think of sibling names or they didn't match the middle name we had picked.


Top 5 Boy names

1. Carter - This name sounds super American to me and reminds me of a cowboy or a country boy that plays guitar. It's a name that is creeping up in the top 100.

2. Arlo - This is a name that when I first heard it I instantly loved it for a baby boy but I struggle to see a man called Arlo. With naming a baby I often forget that this is gonna be there name their whole life and they are and adult a lot longer than they are a baby.

3. Curtis - My friend is having a little baby boy and this was a name on her list and oh my god, I love this name. It's a name that most people have heard of but very few know someone with this name. This is obviously my friends potential baby names so I couldn't steal it but I do adore this name.

4. James - My grandad's name and my dad's middle name which obviously gives this name a lot of meaning. Two of the most influencial men in my life, this would be a definite option for a middle name if Dan and I were to have another child and of course if said child was a boy. 

5. Grayson - This name as it is super unique but is becoming more popular. Dan's dad is called Raymond and I love that this name has Ray in it, We liked the idea of incorporating a family name into our choice without straight out naming the baby after a family member.

Top 5 Girl names

1. Prim - Prim without the rose part, I really liked this name from the very beginning of my pregnancy but every time I said it the response was always "aww yeah like primrose" which put me off of it. The name primrose although very beautiful, Im not a fan.

2. Nellie - I think this is such a cute name and suits all ages throughout life. My only concern was that she would get called "smelly nellie" or constantly be asked what it was short for.

3. Quinn - I feel this name has a super nature vibe, boho princess rocking a flower headband. A very different look from what most people think of which is Harley Quinn who I can't imagine anyone would want there baby girl growing up like.

4. Lily - A very pretty and simple name. I am a big fan of flower names and I think this name is gorgeous. The classic example of a really nice name that you don't like because you know someone with this name and you don't want your child to turn out like them.

5. Nova - This name is very different and I'm unsure if you'd suit it when you're 40 but non the less I really like it, so much so that last summer we named one of our little brown cocker spaniel Nova.

I hope you have enjoyed having a read of some of my favourite names and maybe even found the name that you want to call your baby. 

Over and out,
Night night,

Amber Elizzy.





Post a Comment